Open Data projects using Microsoft technologiesHere are some of the Open Government initiatives European and beyond that are already re-using public data, developed using Windows Azure and other Microsoft technologies:
- Live map of the London Underground train network in approximately real time
- France health establishment: location of the Base equipment
- France Personal services establishment : location of the Base equipmentt
- Easy access to data compiled and Produced by Government Authorities for Swedish Parliament composition
- Eye on Earth -
utilizes Windows Azure, Silverlight, Bing Maps.
- City of Edmonton -
- VanGuide - utilizes Windows Azure, OGDI, Bing Maps, Silverlight, Windows Phone 7.
- Miami 311 - utilizes Windows Azure, Silverlight, Bing Maps, CRM.
Case study: Open Data goes mobileVanGuide was developed as an application using City of Vancouver open data and showcasing the use of Windows Azure, Bing Maps, Silverlight, social integration with Twitter, plus a mobile client app that runs on iPhone and Windows Phone 7.
Discover more about VanGuide on the (Open Data Application Framework ODAF) and code on Codeplex.